We aim to encourage and support all pupils to reach their full potential, both personally and academically. This is underpinned by a fair and consistent system of sanctions and rewards. At Fisher More we aim to reward pupils who live out the Catholic core values, as well as meet the high expectations of our school’s Behaviour Policy.
Form teachers, teaching staff, support staff, year leaders and members of the SLT will reward pupils for consistently positive behaviour or improved behaviour. We also reward pupils for their excellent reports and attitudes to learning, and especially when they go above and beyond, academically, by doing something positive in our school, or even in the wider community.
We believe that having a positive culture helps the pupils to grow and, as always, we ask for parental support in praising and rewarding their children’s efforts.
Rewards may be given in several ways:
• Tell pupils (privately or publicly, as appropriate) when they have done well.
• Thank groups and individuals for working hard, trying their best, helping, being honest etc.
• Half termly awards assemblies
• Meeting with the Head teacher and Year Leader
• Presentation evenings
• Star of the week
• Early entry to lunch time/break time queues
• Sunday shout-outs on our website and social media pages
• Positive Synergy messages / text messages
• Positive phone calls home from class teachers
• Positive post cards home
• Awards, including subject & attendance badges, certificates, and suitable prizes
• Periodic award of e-vouchers
• Periodic breakfast rewards
• Departmental Student of the Week/Month
• Recognition in assemblies
• School/Press photographs
• Newsletter mentions
• Comments on reports
• Annual Prizes/trophies
• Subject certificates/badges
• School certificates
• Reward trips/events
Recorded Positive Merits will be given by teachers for pupils who show a positive attitude towards their learning. Merits can also be issued as a recognition for performance outside the classroom. All merits are recorded on Synergy and can be accessed daily by parents – these will accumulate over the academic year and prizes and rewards will be given to those pupils accordingly. This will also include form/house prizes and rewards for form/house groups who receive the most merits.