Fisher More is a highly successful, happy and thriving comprehensive school which sits right in the heart of the community it serves in Pendle, East Lancashire.
Our Catholic mission and ethos manifests itself in a line from our school prayer ‘let all our bright colours shine’ and we work together to unearth, seek out, nurture and celebrate all the God given gifts and talents that enrich our school community and make it the special place it is. We want our pupils to be the very best that they can be. The pastoral support they receive to achieve this is second to none.
Over the last few years, Fisher More has been on an improvement journey, focusing on improving the curriculum on offer to the children, making it as relevant and exciting as it can be. There has been a significant financial investment resulting in a state-of-the-art 3G pitch as well as a new multi-purpose learning resource centre. Further improvements, including the refurbishment of a science laboratory and new lights in the drama studio are also planned.
I am proud to be Headteacher of our very special school. Fisher More is a school that doesn’t rest on its laurels – we are constantly looking for ways to improve the great things we already do to make them even better, supported by our Chair of Governors and Governing Board.
We look forward to welcoming you into our ‘family Fisher More’ and working with you as we journey together in partnership to secure the best outcomes for one another.
For initial queries or questions, please contact Main Reception on 01282 865299 in the first instance, and Mrs Fitzpatrick will deal with your query, or direct you to the most suitable person to help.
Mission Statement & School Prayer
We seek to
- Recognise the worth and dignity of all people
- Deliver a high quality education
- Enable everyone to grow as balanced individuals, intellectually, spiritually and morally
- Provide a secure, supportive and stimulating Christian environment within the context of the Catholic tradition, in which justice, tolerance, forgiveness and generosity are practised with courtesy, consideration and common sense
- Offer young people a reason for living and hoping.